Interaction of olfactory cultures in Djiboutipublished on 2012-02-11
AN OLFACTORY CULTURE WITHOUT BORDERS
Invited in 2012 by the French Institute Arthur Rimbaud in Djibouti, this trip is an illustration of our cultural activities whose aim is to promote French olfactory culture and fragrance in foreign and French-speaking countries.
To create, gather, unite, exchange between the different expatriate and native populations, the different cultures thanks to a common vector: the smell, the perfume.
- Creation of a perfume market within IFAR
- Olfactory exhibition (les imagynez) with the general public
- Olfactory activities in schools from kindergarten to high school
- Olfactory conference on jasmine with the general public
- Research of raw materials for perfumery (frankincense, myrrh)
- Exchange of olfactory culture with the Afar (Danakil) ethnic group