THE COLOR OF A SMELL (HALO 2)published on 2022-09-08
This study is a continuation of the work on the color of natural raw materials extracted by different extraction ways.
ESSENCE OF A COUNTRY
This series of photographic studies produced by Pierre Bénard from a drop of absolute essences or essential oils, obtained through the technique of solvent extraction or steam distillation, on special paper of perfumer.
Each drop on this paper corresponds to an extract from Egyptian lands for production in perfumery.
They represent different plants and parts of plants extracted:
– An artichoke absolute (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus)
– An essential oil of blue chamomile (Tanacetum Annuum)
– An absolute of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
– An absolute of centifolia rose leaves (Rosa centiflia)
– An orange blossom absolute (Citrus aurantium)
– An absolute of hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
– A baptistine rose flower absolute (Rosa centiflia var. basptistine)
– An absolute of rose centifolia flower (Rosa centiflia)
These colors obtained the colored and fragrant essences of Egypt.
They are the colors and smells of the vegetable souls of this country.
This series will enter the olfactory and multisensory exhibition “From matter to spirit”.